The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rub Rail ?

4 posters

Go down

Rub Rail ? Empty Rub Rail ?

Post  Ray_J Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:51 am

My spring projects include rebuilding an Arthur Armstrong Broadbill. I am in the process of getting supplies together. I am looking for an affordable alternative to use as a rub rail. I don't want to spend the dollars that companies are asking for rub rail kits. The edge I am looking to cover is approx 3/4" wide where the top overlaps the hull.

Ray_J
Ray_J
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Rub Rail ? Empty Re: Rub Rail ?

Post  Eddie Kershaw Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:18 am

Ray
Im buiding a boat at the moment and what I will be using for rubrails is a wood called utile, its a African maogany but it does,nt have a lot of figuring in it and its cheaper than the standard maogany. Wink

Eddie Kershaw
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 am

Ray_J wrote:My spring projects include rebuilding an Arthur Armstrong Broadbill. I am in the process of getting supplies together. I am looking for an affordable alternative to use as a rub rail. I don't want to spend the dollars that companies are asking for rub rail kits. The edge I am looking to cover is approx 3/4" wide where the top overlaps the hull.

Are you wanting a material other than wood Ray? My brother inlaw had researched some rub rail material that was relatively inexpensive. I'll send him an e-mail about it.

I replaced rub rails on my last sneakbox and used pieces of white cedar. It was cheap, they bend real easy and of course it won't rot. Something to consider.
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ray_J Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Sorry about that, I should have been more detailed. I am looking for something vinyl or rubber (or anything similar)

Thanks Guys
Ray_J
Ray_J
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig F Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:34 pm

Not sure how it is in regards to price, but most guys I know that redo their rubrails on their fishing boats use rubrails.com
Craig F
Craig F
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ray_J Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks Craig, I spoke with Alan at RubRails.com tonite and he is sending out a couple samples for me to try on the hull.
Ray_J
Ray_J
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum