The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Award winning custom built 14' Sneak Boat

2 posters

Go down

Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Empty Award winning custom built 14' Sneak Boat

Post  Capt. John Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:55 pm

This is a boat I purchased a few years ago. I had restored the boat and made some basic design changes to set it up the way I like to hunt.

It has won 1st Place and Best in Show at the 30th Annual South Shore Waterfowlers Festival and Duck boat Show.

The boat will not be available untill season ends due to it still being used daily in my guide business.

This has been my go to boat for the last three years and has performed great. I rarely keep a boat more than a few years and it is time for this one to go so another boat project can take it's place.

I will sell just the boat or sell it as a complete package ready to hunt including everything you need right down to coast guard kit and decoys. The only option not available is my retreiver. You will have to supply your own.

I have several engine options available if needed. My personal used motors, like new 3.5 hp Mercury 4 stroke, 7.5 hp 2 stroke Sears Gamefisher, 9.9hp Evinrude 2 stroke and a late model 25 hp Suzuki 2 stroke with oil injection. I can also rig the boat with brand new in the box Mercury outboards with full warranty. I work full time at a large boat and yacht dealership where we are authorized Merc dealers and can offer a new motor at a good saving.

Here are a few photos:
Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Huntadphoto1

Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat DSCF1536

Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Boatwithawards

The canvas dodger had performed flawlessly. I put a lot of thought, trial and error into this design. I wanted it to fill several needs.
First as a layout boat with the canvas down or off for the lowest profile possible. You will notice the canvas is attached to the foredeck with vinyl awning track secured with a zipper and velcro closure so snow and ice don't freeze the zipper stuck. I did this for several reasons.
When the dodger is not being used the valance is also easily removable from the track.
It prevents any water and wind from getting under the canvas and makes for a nice sized dry storage area forward of the cockpit coaming when canvas is up.

Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Canvasallthewaydown
Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Viewoftrackandvalanceondeck

Next as a spray dodger with side skirts to stop spray from coming into the boat and still keep a lower profile and good view of the gunning area around the boat

Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Canvasinsprayshieldposition
The next photo was taken before more grass straps were added.

Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Canvas2

Lastly as a full dodger for those brutal snow squals and driving rain. The placement of the zippers allows for several shooting options depending on which way suits you best. You will also notice the aft enclosure is set back a little from where it meets the top of the dodger. I did this to allow for the canvas to be sewn on as a drip shield off the top. In the hardest of down pours you can still open the canvas from the top to veiw what is going on outside in your rig and not get wet.

Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Duckboataftcurtainclosed
Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Duckboataftcurtain
Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Canvas2-1

Next feature is the folding / removable decoy racks. This allows you to fold the racks over the aft deck for better concealment and the olny thing to stow is the transom sections if you choose to remove them.

Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Aftdecoyracktransompieceinhandle1

Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Aftdecoyrackfoldeddown
Well I think that sums up most of it. If you would like to see more photos of the restoration you can find them here:
https://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x81/Seatracks/2%20man%20duck%20boat/

Please e-mail any questions.
The boat is located on Long Island where it will finish out the season.
Please serious offers only.
Seatracks@optonline.net

Last edited by Capt. John on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Capt. John
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Empty Re: Award winning custom built 14' Sneak Boat

Post  mtessar Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:22 am

How much are you asking for the boat?
mtessar
mtessar
FNG
FNG

Back to top Go down

Award winning custom built  14'  Sneak Boat Empty Re: Award winning custom built 14' Sneak Boat

Post  Capt. John Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:15 am

Are you looking for the whole package or just the boat?

Capt. John
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  mtessar Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:01 pm

just the boat
Capt. John wrote:Are you looking for the whole package or just the boat?
mtessar
mtessar
FNG
FNG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down