The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Training Equipment

4 posters

Go down

What Training Equipment Empty What Training Equipment

Post  Eddie Kershaw Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:14 am

I thought it might be interesting to see what type of training equipment that we use for training our dogs, I know we may differ from each other because of our training methods so I will start this topic by listing what I use
1) Leashes 4ft, 10ft, 30ft
2)Dummys 1/2lb, 1lb, 2lb,
Dokken dead fowl trainers, teal, mallard, canada goose.
Orange bumper dummys
Lucky Launcher with teal dummys
Wings from teal, mallard, canada, pinkfoot geese
Dog whisle 211/1/2

I always carry a walking stick, its not as if I need it to help me to walk, but I use it for a number of things like a marker spot, being able to put in front of the dog when teaching her to heel on the leash and pointing dirctions plus moving foilige when encouraging her to seek in a close area.

Eddie Kershaw
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

What Training Equipment Empty Re: What Training Equipment

Post  Eddie Kershaw Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:35 am

Davey
Im sorry mate I meant to start a new thread and I did,nt realize that I hit the wrong button Rolling Eyes

Eddie Kershaw
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

What Training Equipment Empty Weighted Training Dummies

Post  Russell Vrhovac Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:10 am

This is a general question to anyone but thanks Eddie for bringing it up. Where do I find a weighted training bumper/dummie?

Eddie Kershaw wrote:Davey
Im sorry mate I meant to start a new thread and I did,nt realize that I hit the wrong button Rolling Eyes
Russell Vrhovac
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:59 am

No problem! Admin fixed it! pirat
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie Kershaw Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Russell Vrhovac wrote:This is a general question to anyone but thanks Eddie for bringing it up. Where do I find a weighted training bumper/dummie?

Russel
Have you tried converting a bumper dummy by cutting a couple of thin strips of very thin lead about 1/8th inch wide and about 6" long and placing them iether side of the dummy and give them a good taping up, you may have to play about with it a bit to get the correct weight
but it might work. Wink

Eddie Kershaw
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

What Training Equipment Empty Adding weight to a training bumper.

Post  Russell Vrhovac Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Eddie,

Thanks a bunch for the suggestion. I wasn't sure if there was a commercial product but all I found was water filled bumpers. Didn't know if there was a heavier lead or sand filled bumper for training. I may have to "alter" a couple of bumpers for my needs.

Eddie Kershaw wrote:
Russell Vrhovac wrote:This is a general question to anyone but thanks Eddie for bringing it up. Where do I find a weighted training bumper/dummie?

Russel
Have you tried converting a bumper dummy by cutting a couple of thin strips of very thin lead about 1/8th inch wide and about 6" long and placing them iether side of the dummy and give them a good taping up, you may have to play about with it a bit to get the correct weight
but it might work. Wink

Russell Vrhovac
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Travis Bruce Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:58 pm

Ck out flagman bumpers.... canvas bumpers black and white with streamers and they have like gravel inside for weight. The jumbo size flies like a duck out of a winger, or when thrown. They dont look like a duck in your hand, but the way they fly and fall is a LOT more duck like than anything rubber. In fact I never throw rubber for marks, flagman bumpers or ducks. I wear out a set of 10 about every year and half, but thats a long time for anything to last for me.... a normal person would get years and years out of them, espeically if you let them dry before you put them up.

flagman bumpers... milk crate full of plastic for blinds... yahama 4 wheeler... zinger wingers w/ tritronics releases... orange eletric fence post poles for blinds, holding blinds, buckets, gun stands, 870's, poppers, heeling sticks, slip leashes & check cords and my mates favorite, tritronic pro 500, and a pro 100 for my 14 year old. Yup even my kid loves to pinch and burn a dog! bwhahahaha. We've got everything on our trailer, inclduing 4 more dog holes for storage or extra dogs. travis

Travis Bruce
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:51 am

Here ya go Eddie, you have your topic back. I split it up.
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddie Kershaw Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:42 am

Davey Welsh wrote:Here ya go Eddie, you have your topic back. I split it up.

Thanks Davey

Eddie Kershaw
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down