The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled

3 posters

Go down

12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  Empty 12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled

Post  Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:33 pm

I sanded the bottom with a da sander and cleaned with a Interlux fiberglass Solvent Wash 202. Painted the bottom with 2 coats of Pettit Marsh Grass with Black Fat Rustoleum mixed in to give a kind of darker color to match the banks of the marsh.

David

12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  12_er_1012' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  12_er_11

Last edited by D. Clark on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  Empty Re: 12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:47 am

Here she is with the coamming intalled on the deck to fit the dodger to. This will make the area inside the dodger water tight. As you can see I end the comming at the ore locks and then the decoy racks will meet up with the ore locks. I am getting her done to take to West Lake for sale.
David

12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  43_est1212' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  43_est13

Back to top Go down

12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  Empty Cockpit Coaming

Post  Russell Vrhovac Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:47 am

Dave,

I hope I am not asking for an industry secret but what material are you using for Cockpit Coaming? How is it bent? These boats are gorgeous!

Thanks for the updates on the progress.

Russell

D. Clark wrote:Here she is with the coamming intalled on the deck to fit the dodger to. This will make the area inside the dodger water tight. As you can see I end the comming at the ore locks and then the decoy racks will meet up with the ore locks. I am getting her done to take to West Lake for sale.
David

12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  43_est1212' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  43_est13
Russell Vrhovac
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  Empty Re: 12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Its a PVC material that I get at Home Depot in the bathroom trim department. It screws,sands bends and is paintable. You mean the canvas coaming........
David

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Vrhovac Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Oops, canvas coaming, thats exactly what I meant. Thanks a bunch!

D. Clark wrote:Its a PVC material that I get at Home Depot in the bathroom trim department. It screws,sands bends and is paintable. You mean the canvas coaming........
David
Russell Vrhovac
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob M Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Looks sweet Dave
Bob M
Bob M
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  Empty same stuff

Post  Chris S. Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:47 am

Bob M wrote:Looks sweet Dave

That's the same stuff I used for my dodger coaming. I used aztek plastic from home depot looks like the same stuff.

Dave C. this is the same sneakbox that you and I were Talking about on the phone about this time last year. I redid the whole box with epoxy and new everything. I didn't put that sculling oar horn back on like you said though. Kinda wish I did looking back.
12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  43610
You might remember it like this.
12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  04410
12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  04010
this is what it looks now.
12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  48510
12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  53310
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:56 am

Chris, Ya thats the way to go she looks great. Where is the sculling horn mount????
David

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:04 am

Well she is all painted and at the canvas shop today for my son to make the dodger on her. We are going to do a full spray shield from oar lock to oar lock 20" tall and a buggy top that will attach to the spray shield.
David
I am still looking for a home for the Red Estuary sailing hull.

12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  12_er_1212' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  12_er_13

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris S. Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:07 am

D. Clark wrote:Chris, Ya thats the way to go she looks great. Where is the sculling horn mount????
David

I gave it to a friend who uses a BBSB to scull it worked out well for him.
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:11 am

I got the first part of the canvas done. This boat will have a spray shield and a buggy top.

David
12' Estuary...Canvas coamming instaled  12_er_16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down