Blowing off steam

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blowing off steam

Post  Russell Vrhovac on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Hunting on Saturday, I heard at least 150 shotgun blasts from one boat on the other side of the Island that I was hunting (about a mile away) . I ran into the guy at the dock pulling his boat out and asked if the shooting was in self-defense or just exactly what were they shooting at? He said they were shooting at Buffleheads. While I admit that Buffies are notoriously hard to bring down for one reason or another, blowing through that much ammo at something not known for its culinary qualities is disrespectful to the birds and other hunters and a waste in general. Not only that, while each boat at this location is only allowed 3 people per blind/boat that brings the shots per person up to about 50 shots each. I hope they were shooting 3.5” loads so they don’t forget the day for at least a couple of weeks. Sorry for the rant, just needed to blow off steam.
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Re: Blowing off steam

Post  Davey Welsh on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Jerkoffs. They're everywhere unfortunately. The only thing that keeps them home is cold weather and ice.

Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig F on Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Davey Welsh wrote:Jerkoffs. They're everywhere unfortunately. The only thing that keeps them home is cold weather and ice.

Getting to be more and more common unfortunately with these mild weather seasons and lack of enforcement.
Craig F
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Vrhovac on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Pray for snow, and ice, and a good NorEaster.
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Godsey on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Be glad you weren't where all that shot was coming down. Had a hunt like that at Ft Sill Ok. I thought I was in the artillery training area. Sorry they ruined your day.

Rick
Rick Godsey
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Vrhovac on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:47 pm

I didn't let them ruin my day. Sam still had 3 great retrieves and we saw lots of birds. We even had a couple schools of red drum cruising across the flats. The guys in the boat looked to be in their 50's. They just should have known better. The younger hunters need better mentors than these guys.
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris S. on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:56 am

Getting to be more and more common unfortunately with these mild weather seasons and lack of enforcement.[/quote]

Speaking of enforcement me and a friend got checked Saturday they were pretty thorough. Checked all registration And boating and hunting license stamps and all the boat safety equipment. Nice guys just doing there job. Glad to see em.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:42 am

I've only be checked once this year and that was at the boat ramp. CO presence in my neck of the woods has been low.

Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig F on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Davey Welsh wrote:I've only be checked once this year and that was at the boat ramp. CO presence in my neck of the woods has been low.

I haven't been checked in 10 years at least. I can't even remember but I think I was still shooting a 20 gauge on my junior license.
Craig F
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Godsey on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:01 pm

A good friend of mine is a game warden, I hardl see him during the early deer and gun season. Hes also a waterfowler, I will proably see him on the river a couple of times as the season ends. They do the job they are suppose to do. Some folks think its harassement more than being helpful. I actually get some good info from him at times. Most dont realize they are hunters like us and have to work during the season as we enjoy it.

Rick
Rick Godsey
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum