The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Snow spread

3 posters

Go down

DIY Snow spread Empty DIY Snow spread

Post  David "swampy" L Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:42 pm

Made myself a few dozen chloroplast silly's....cost is just under 3$ a decoy($35 a doz) That includes wire stakes and paint........Not a bad way to supplement your spread....They look decent...take no time at all to produce....weigh less then 3lbs per dozen...I can fit 7doz in one big tote. Even threw my proto type "brant" in there, field tested deadly on low tide mud flats! Wink

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]

David "swampy" L

Back to top Go down

DIY Snow spread Empty Nice

Post  Chris S. Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:02 pm

They look nice. If you mix them is with shells,socks or full bodies they will add to the spread. Cool idea. What is chloroplast? I am not to sure what it is and where you get it.
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

DIY Snow spread Empty Re: DIY Snow spread

Post  Rusty Black Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:26 pm

They look pretty bud,I made 10dz this year to mix in with spread,I'm up to about 500+ plus and I also make a half dz wind wackers which work awesome this year and I'm going to make more this summer!
Rusty Black
Rusty Black
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  David "swampy" L Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Rusty Black wrote:They look pretty bud,I made 10dz this year to mix in with spread,I'm up to about 500+ plus and I also make a half dz wind wackers which work awesome this year and I'm going to make more this summer!

So for I've made about 3doz...I just free hand drew a pattern and went with it.....Seems like a good way to bolster your spread, back fill, fill in by the blinds & just plain add some numbers....They actually look pretty decent and when mixed in with Shells and FB's they look even better. I'll probably trace out some of my RG Silly's and add a few more poses...Its good "off season" project

Plus I can whip up a few "dog training" ones painted Black & Brown instead of using my RG pro series II's!

David "swampy" L

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down