The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PETITION FOR NJ DUCK HUNTERS

5 posters

Go down

PETITION FOR NJ DUCK HUNTERS Empty PETITION FOR NJ DUCK HUNTERS

Post  Davey Welsh Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Okay guys, here's our chance to get our voice heard by the NJ fish and game. Click on the link below and sign this petition -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Petition Background (Preamble):

The New Jersey division of Fish and Wildlife have proposed 2012-13 season dates for the New Jersey Coastal duck season. The proposed dates are -

November 10-17
November 22- January 22

These dates were proposed with the support of Ducks Unlimited and the New Jersey Waterfowlers Association. Under this proposal, Coastal New Jersey duck hunters will only have 3 Saturdays to hunt in January, whereas in the past we have always had 4 Saturdays. We must voice our displeasure with these dates and request the state AMMEND the proposal to lengthen the first split in order to achieve the 4 Saturdays in January that we have typically held. We must show the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife that Ducks Unlimited and the NJWA are not the majority voice of our waterfowlers.

Last edited by Davey Welsh on Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

PETITION FOR NJ DUCK HUNTERS Empty Re: PETITION FOR NJ DUCK HUNTERS

Post  David "swampy" L Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:07 pm

AMMEND the proposal to shorten the first split in order to achieve the 4 Saturdays in January

LENGTHEN

David "swampy" L

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:30 pm

David "swampy" L wrote:
AMMEND the proposal to shorten the first split in order to achieve the 4 Saturdays in January

LENGTHEN

Ok, I changed it on the petition. When I think "shorter", I think less number of days in the first split.
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Stupp Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:15 pm

[quote="Davey Welsh]These dates were proposed with the suaport of Ducks Unlimited and the New Jersey Waterfowlers Association. We must show the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife that Ducks Unlimited and the NJWA are not the majority voice of our waterfowlers.[/quote]

I'm wondering where you got this info from. I'm not saying they did or didn't support it, but nobody in DU in NJ seems to know anything about it. That being said, I've brought it to our Committee Chairmen, who is also taking a position on a state level. He is working to get the full support of DU behind changing the dates. It effects every duck hunter that hunts the coastal zone, including many non-resident hunters. I'm also a member of NJWA, never been envolved due to the distance to attend meetings, but I would hope thatt they oo would support more opportunity for the average hunter. If there is anyone one here that is envolve with NJWA or know someone that is, I strongly urge you to get NJWA supporting this change.

Kevin Stupp
Kevin Stupp
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:03 am

Kevin Stupp wrote:

I'm wondering where you got this info from. I'm not saying they did or didn't support it, but nobody in DU in NJ seems to know anything about it. That being said, I've brought it to our Committee Chairmen, who is also taking a position on a state level. He is working to get the full support of DU behind changing the dates. It effects every duck hunter that hunts the coastal zone, including many non-resident hunters. I'm also a member of NJWA, never been envolved due to the distance to attend meetings, but I would hope thatt they oo would support more opportunity for the average hunter. If there is anyone one here that is envolve with NJWA or know someone that is, I strongly urge you to get NJWA supporting this change.

Kevin, DU and NJWA meet with the Fish and Wildlife council every year to discuss proposals for the upcoming waterfowl season. If they had any objections to the dates, I would expect that the dates never would have been proposed. I have been told that DU and NJWA agreed to this proposal, so take that information for what it is.
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Back to top Go down

PETITION FOR NJ DUCK HUNTERS Empty seasons

Post  Jim Donofrio Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:59 am

Kevin, problem is Fish and Game duck biologist Ted Nichols only met with 2 poeple and came to the season conclusion, Joe DiMartino from DU and Gary Bell From NJWA
Director Chanda will now survey all NJ waterfowl hunters next year so we can fix this craziness in the future
the seasons will stand this year as proposed thanks to NJWA Gary Bell and DU Joe DiMartino both of them never surveyed their own members. WE got a 3 sat January thanks to them!!!!!!!!

I AM DONE WITH BOTH ORGANIZATIONS
Jim Donofrio
Jim Donofrio
The Godfather
The Godfather

http://www.JOINRFA.ORG

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Stupp Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Joe DiMartino? Let's just say I'm not surprised. As for Gary Bell and NJWA, well as I said I'm not envolved. They don't do ANYTHING this far south. I tried to do a Youth Waterfowl hunt down here, but neither wanted to bother with it. I can't say I'm done with them, since DU is the only orginization that does anything in Cumberland, Salem or Cape May Counties. I hope if we bitch loud enough, SOMEONE will hear it and listen.
Kevin Stupp
Kevin Stupp
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Kevin Stupp wrote:Joe DiMartino? Let's just say I'm not surprised. As for Gary Bell and NJWA, well as I said I'm not envolved. They don't do ANYTHING this far south. I tried to do a Youth Waterfowl hunt down here, but neither wanted to bother with it. I can't say I'm done with them, since DU is the only orginization that does anything in Cumberland, Salem or Cape May Counties. I hope if we bitch loud enough, SOMEONE will hear it and listen.

Hopefully Kevin! I think NJWA is just a waste, DU on the other hand, I can appreciate what they've done conservationally, yet its pretty obvious that DU is nothing more than a top elite club whose staff go on big Canada and Mexico duck hunts, where there are liberal bag limits. Yet DU does nothing to try and fight for more liberal bag limits here in the states. 5 Black ducks per DAY in Canada....just unbelievable.
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Godsey Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:14 am

I hope that when they set the meeting date it wasnt one of those "only" days where it wasnt available to the public to be there. It seems so many organizations that are use to the way they want to to things come up with that date. Also was anything put out there for an alternate date to discuss this. Hope you can work something out before the season, but it may be to late as the "printing" press is running.

Rick
Rick Godsey
Rick Godsey
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum