The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Probe Length on E-Collars

+5
David "swampy" L
John H
Eddie Kershaw
Jim Donofrio
Russell Vrhovac
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Probe Length on E-Collars - Page 2 Empty Re: Probe Length on E-Collars

Post  David "swampy" L Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:04 pm

Capt. Larry M wrote:Davey if you would like you can come over to see my collection of Ribbons be happy to show you. let me just give you annalogy. I have a $3k camera I dont know anything about using it by I have one, for me to come on here and profess that I know something about photography would be foolish naturally I would defer to you an accomplished photographer like yourself. I have been training for a few years now and like anything else its an apprenticeship. When you learn and train with some of the top amateur trainers in the east you pick up a thing or two. Is my dog a "well trained retriever" by no means to have a well trained retriever you need to be out training 5 days a week between work, having 3 young children and running a guide service time is slim, so I don't even try to compete in field trials.

I know who has helped you along and trains with you and I am sure that they have taught you alot, that's a good group but until you have taken a dog thru basics and then transition and expect your dog to perform at a high level you will eventually understand the need to run with a collar. But if you are happy with a dog that makes 20yd to 50yd retrieves in optimal conditions on singles then more power to you, there is nothing wrong with that. But if you want a dog to work at high level doing 200 to 350 yd blind retireves on open water then you need a collar.

Wow...how did I miss this??? Very Happy

I could slice and dice this one...But ALL I'LL SAY is this..... I think our training group is just fine... At any given time we have 2 or 3 Master dogs running who collectively went 10 for 10 in MH this year.

But if you are happy with a dog that makes 20yd to 50yd retrieves in optimal conditions on singles then more power to you

Really Larry?? Thats all you think my dog or any dog in our training group is capable of doing???

sorry for digging up "old dirt"

David "swampy" L

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2