The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purchasing a Sneakbox

3 posters

Go down

Purchasing a Sneakbox  Empty Purchasing a Sneakbox

Post  Bob L. Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:39 am

In the near future I will purchasing a sneak box. I really like the way high boxes (particularly Schellingers) are set up but they are pretty difficult to find used in decent shape.
Need some advise from you coastal guys here! I am always interested in learning as much as I can anytime I post or go hunting so any advise will be great!

It looks like I will probably be getting a low boat. I have nothing against low boats at all, I really like them but I would prefer a high box that's all. :-)

I am on a time crunch which makes this more decision more difficult. I am normally all about waiting until I find the right product before purchasing something and not rushing into something but I will need to purchase it in the next 2 months due to my job. I will be our of country from June-August and wont have too much time this summer to work on/run the boat. (of course prime time to be out on the water lookin for some birds and running the boat)

Do I try to hurry the process along by buying a low boat then hunt with some buddies next season and take it slow l since I only have a handful of spots that I know of that I can hit on my own? OR just say screw it and wait until next year in hopes that the perfect boat is on the market and i have more time on my hands. I have had boats all my life so knowing the water and how to run a boat safely isn't an issue.

What do all of you seasoned coastal hunters think?
Bob L.
Bob L.
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Purchasing a Sneakbox  Empty Re: Purchasing a Sneakbox

Post  Chris S. Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:04 pm

I would wait if a high boat is what u want then wait and get one I saw 2 this year on craigslist. I say wait and get what u want you will be happier

Last edited by Chris S. on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Craig F Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Wait and get what you want. Boats always come up before the season starts, especially around the time of the Tuckerton show.
Craig F
Craig F
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down