The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Duck Lodge Democracy (Forum Rules) ** Please Read **

Go down

The Duck Lodge Democracy (Forum Rules) ** Please Read ** Empty The Duck Lodge Democracy (Forum Rules) ** Please Read **

Post  Davey Welsh Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:28 am

First and foremost - Welcome to The Duck Lodge! We are pleased to have you here and we hope you enjoy our waterfowling community.

Our Mission Statement - To create THE Premier waterfowling community on the web. Offering waterfowl hunters a FREE public forum to promote the sport of waterfowl hunting, to conserve waterfowl resources and habitat, to discuss various aspects of waterfowl hunting and to be a part of a collective group of individuals who share the same interests.

The Duck Lodge Democracy

1. Each and every member of the forum shall have the right to freedom of speech, the right to express opinion and the right to disagree.

Exceptions -
a.) The use of profanity will be subject to censorship on the forum
b.) Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. You can attack the subject, but please be respectful to the opinions of others!
c.) Do not bring arguments over from other forums.

2. There will be NO advertisements on the forum unless approved by the Site Administrator. No member shall promote themselves, their business or the business of others repeatedly without becoming a sponsor. Its true, the internet is a great place to get business, but it is also true that this site is FREE for members but not for myself. I pay the hosting fees, domain fees and maintenance fees. So unless you help pay the bill, please do not advertise.

3. Deliberate attempts to disrupt the community will result in removal of membership.

4. Moderators will not interfere with discussions unless rules 1-3 have been violated. We want a relaxed atmosphere within the forum and I think we can achieve this by limiting moderation.

5. Lastly, The Duck Lodge Democracy IS subject to change upon request of the membership. If you think something should be added or removed from this document, than please voice your opinion.

Rule Infractions and a 3 Strike Rule

Violation of rules 1-3 will result in receiving an infraction from the forum moderators. The Duck Lodge will have a 3 strike rule regarding infractions.

Strike #1 - Member will receive a warning.

Strike #2 - Member will receive a warning and be placed on an infraction list.

Strike #3
- Member may be subject to removal based upon the decision of the Administrator

* When any infraction is incurred, the enforcing moderator will notify the member of a rule infraction. The moderator will then forward a copy of the rule infraction to the forum Administrator for review. The forum Administrator will decide whether or not the infraction will be enforced or removed taking into consideration the members standing history with the forum and all pertinant facts regarding the infraction.

Last edited by Davey Welsh on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:15 am; edited 6 times in total
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

The Duck Lodge Democracy (Forum Rules) ** Please Read ** Empty **Sponsorship and Advertising**

Post  Davey Welsh Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:47 am

Just a note about sponsorship or advertisements on the forum.

This is a free website open to the public. It is privately funded, at present time by myself. Maintaining a website, even a forum, does have some cost associated with it. While I will not ask for donations or sponsorships on the forum, if you would like to sponsor the forum by contributing to the cost associated, please contact me and we can discuss how you can help.

The internet can be a great place to advertise your business or service, even more so on a web forum. If you would like to advertise your services or business on The Duck Lodge forum, you may contact me regarding the different options that you may be interested in. Because I pay for the website out of my own pocket, I will not permit advertising to benefit someone's business without taking some funds to reimburse the forum. The cost to advertise on the forum is surprisingly much less than most internet advertising, as I am not in the business to make money here, I just ask that if my forum is used to generate business, that at least my costs be covered.

Thanks to all who wish to support the forum financially.

- Davey
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down