The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I need a taxidermist. Anyone know a good one?

+4
johnb
Sam Wright
Chris S.
Davey Welsh
8 posters

Go down

I think I need a taxidermist. Anyone know a good one? Empty I think I need a taxidermist. Anyone know a good one?

Post  Davey Welsh Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Me and my buddy Kurt slammed them up yesterday and today. 2 Woodducks and 6 Mallards (including whitey) yesterday and 7 Wigeon and 1 Gadwall today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Somebody shot the Aflac duck. What can I say, he stooled in with a hen mallard. He was definitely wild. Just doing our part to keep the gene pool clean.

And here's where the taxidermist comes in. What a Face I'm going to get a few nice wigeon drakes in a dead mount on a piece of old wood. I think 2 of these drakes fit the bill. May have to try for another stud like the one in the middle.

Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

I think I need a taxidermist. Anyone know a good one? Empty Re: I think I need a taxidermist. Anyone know a good one?

Post  Davey Welsh Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Oh and I was kidding about the second part of my title. Very Happy These birds are going to go to our very own sponsor, Avian Artistry. What a Face
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Back to top Go down

I think I need a taxidermist. Anyone know a good one? Empty Re: I think I need a taxidermist. Anyone know a good one?

Post  Chris S. Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Nice hunts Davey. Way cool on the white duck.
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Wright Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:18 pm

Davey Welsh wrote:Oh and I was kidding about the second part of my title. Very Happy These birds are going to go to our very own sponsor, Avian Artistry. What a Face

I was going to say "what are you thinking?".

I plan on getting something to him soon as well.
Sam Wright
Sam Wright
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:23 pm

great job!man those are some bueties. that white mallard is awsome,dave.but im a widgeon man myself Very Happy ! LOVE THEM WIDGOEN!!!!!! let me no if u need help killen some! LOL
johnb
johnb
Contributor
Contributor

http://www.avianartistry.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:07 pm

johnb wrote:great job!man those are some bueties. that white mallard is awsome,dave.but im a widgeon man myself Very Happy ! LOVE THEM WIDGOEN!!!!!! let me no if u need help killen some! LOL

I wish I could shoot wigeon all the time. They are awesome. I only shot 2 last year and none the year before. We just got lucky today. I sent you a PM. I need to drop some birds off to you.

And the white mallard is being prepared for the skillet! I bet he will be tasty.
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Black Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:04 am

congrats Davey....thats some awsome hunting!
Rusty Black
Rusty Black
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan McGinty Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:35 am

Good work!!

Ryan McGinty
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  John H Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:30 am

That's good work by you! cheers
John H
John H
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Godsey Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:51 pm

Looks like you definitely found the X for those hunts congrts now run them back up here to me.

Rick
Rick Godsey
Rick Godsey
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down