The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie, mate

2 posters

Go down

Eddie, mate Empty Eddie, mate

Post  george w Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Got to look at part of the dvd on fowling on the southern coast---Man, some of that marsh is similar to ours,, tidal, with some really soft areas--I was reminded of Bill working last Friday---We had a retrieve of a gadwall, who locked up and crashed southeast of blind we were shooting--He was retrieving the first of the pair and did not see the second fall--Partner and i marked the splash, and when he got back. i Crossed a ditch area with him to the island, marked the duck southeast of our location, through some merkel bushes, and sent him off---He bogged down in some really goopy studd, came back to land, ran a small peninsula and found a simpler route to make the retrieve---
I did note some ofe those gents as having some really large bore doubles-Probably ten bore?
Will watch the whole thing when time permits--Thanks again for an insight into fowling in the south of UK----By the way, your mates sure could use some better calls and decoys--
The pintails were quite 'omely, mate!!! Very Happy santa

george w
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

http://george@runamuckdecoys.com

Back to top Go down

Eddie, mate Empty Re: Eddie, mate

Post  Eddie Kershaw Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:45 pm

George
Hurry up and get viewing as there is more to come yet, you will be boggle eyed by the time you have finished Laughing santa

Eddie Kershaw
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down