The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boat Stenciling

3 posters

Go down

Boat Stenciling Empty Boat Stenciling

Post  TA Smith Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:36 am

Can any one make some suggestions on the best wat to stencil a boat. I am thinking about stenciling my boat and I thought with all of the wealth of information on this website from the members, some one could add some input.
Thank you for yor assistance- Tom

TA Smith
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Boat Stenciling Empty Re: Boat Stenciling

Post  Rick Godsey Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:53 am

If you're going to use a stemcil kit the Stxy kits are the best. If you are going to free hand use one of those small modelers air brush kit. For me I just used rattle cans. If you use the leaves against your boat remember you have to reserve color as you paint. Het grab a scrap of plywood and practice on iy until you find what you want. The real key is match the tone for the season where you hunt. Good luck and post up when you get her done.

Rick
Rick Godsey
Rick Godsey
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Phillips Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:04 pm

I'll second the styx river stencil. I've done alot of stuff with the shadow grass stencils, but this year I thinking I might try and do my sneakbox with a texture roller. I seen on another duck hunting site where a guy did a boat this way and the boat turned out great. Looked like Nat Gear. The rollers are found at Lowes and Home Depot.

Mark

Mark Phillips
FNG
FNG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down