The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terribly quiet out there...whats everyone doing?

3 posters

Go down

Terribly quiet out there...whats everyone doing? Empty Terribly quiet out there...whats everyone doing?

Post  Russell Vrhovac Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:59 am

I hope everyone is having a good spring. Too much yard work to do.
Russell Vrhovac
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Terribly quiet out there...whats everyone doing? Empty Re: Terribly quiet out there...whats everyone doing?

Post  Sam Wright Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:52 am

Lots of yard work here too, a little too much thanks to Sandy.

Just bought a new truck, so the accessorizing is getting done this weekend.

Spring turkey is right around the corner.

Also looking forward to Ries' first litter.
Sam Wright
Sam Wright
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Terribly quiet out there...whats everyone doing? Empty Re: Terribly quiet out there...whats everyone doing?

Post  Rick Godsey Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Doing the best I can right now Sam. Been in Va since the mid of Feb with this estate/murder trial stuff. Hope to be back up in NY for good soon. Just coming up for taxes and see my son a couple of days and will be back down Va on Monday.

Rick
Rick Godsey
Rick Godsey
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Wright Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:03 am

I'll be heading toward Richmond on the weekend of May 18th to drop the dog off to have her litter.

Then we will be heading to Norfolk on June 21st for my daughter's college orientation.
Sam Wright
Sam Wright
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Russell Vrhovac Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:02 am

Sam,

You will be down in my neck of the woods for orientation. I work in Norfolk and live in Chesapeake so let me know if you need anything while you and the family are in town.

Russell
Russell Vrhovac
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Wright Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:48 pm

My daughter will be going to Virginia Weslyan starting this fall. She'll be playing soccer too and I'm sure we will be going to a few games.

Been to Citrus and Tataugs for eats. Any other suggestions?

Their parents weekend is the first weekend in October. How early does the VA season start?
Sam Wright
Sam Wright
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Terribly quiet out there...whats everyone doing? Empty VA Beach

Post  Russell Vrhovac Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:35 am

Sam,

Congrats on VA Wesleyan, it is a really nice school. The food in VA Beach is pretty good, I would try Chicks Beach Area. Hot Tuna is a pretty good restaurant but my favorite is Chick Oyster Bar, if you bring your boat down they will serve you on it but there is lots of seating inside the restaurant. As for the Ocean Front Area, Catch 31 probably has the best seafood and is one of the nicest restaurants, it is in the Hilton Hotel on the Beach. Further away from the Oceanfront but in VB is Steinhilbers. It's a classic with a huge fireplace in the middle of the dining area.
Duck season starts Sept. 1 with goose for the month, teal come in sometime later in Sept usually. The first duck season usually starts around Oct 4 and lasts about 5 days. It comes back in late November and lasts till around Feb 1. If you ever wanted to hunt BackBay get into the lottery. Everyone gets numbers for each day, the lower the number the better your chances are for a good blind, there are 55 of them. I have always seen lots of ducks when I hunt in the lottery. You may shoot canvasback and bills or mallard or even a swan. You never know out there. If you need a partner drop me a PM. Lots of places to hunt around SE VA

Russell
Russell Vrhovac
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down