The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomorrows the day

3 posters

Go down

Tomorrows the day Empty Tomorrows the day

Post  Eddie Kershaw Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:18 am

Early tommorow morning I will be heading out on a hunt on the forshore with my little girl Amber, I will be the loan waterfowler with his dog.
The best thing about it is I will get to see the sunrise and thats magic, the winds are surposed to be fairly strong so that should make them fly in low with a bit of luck and the weather is forcasted for a dry day, I think we get to much rain over here in the n/w of the UK santa

Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber

Eddie Kershaw
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Tomorrows the day Empty Re: Tomorrows the day

Post  Jersey Charlie Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Good for you Eddie, and more importantly enjoy the time with Amber.
Charlie
Jersey Charlie
Jersey Charlie
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  george w Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Boxing Day may be productive here, also, Ed, if wind has anything to do with the whole process. Bill and I will be thinking of you and Amber while we are in the blind tomorrow. At least, the decoys will get some time in the water!!!
Hope you had a good Christmas and did a good job with the ducks in the oven! santa

george w
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

http://george@runamuckdecoys.com

Back to top Go down

Post  george w Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Ed et al,
Bill, Oobie and i had a good morning--Pair of drake mallards got foxed by the balsas--Bill Made two nice retrieves-First, to the north of the blind after a broken winger--Got across a small island, he nosed it and they had a merry swim and chase back to main land-The second was a blind to an island just east of us and out of range--That second one got into the grass. Sent him on a line and once he got to the island, he nosed the little buggah out to water, where he ended the chase---both now in freezer--Good wind, AND, we missed a few small group teal shots, simply having too much fun!! Embarassed
Hope boxing day went well for all!

george w
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

http://george@runamuckdecoys.com

Back to top Go down

Tomorrows the day Empty What a fantastic hunt

Post  Eddie Kershaw Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:06 pm

This hunt was,nt about the killing of birds, it was the way the hunt unfolded. Amber and myself started out on the foreshore while it was still dark and there was a long walk to where we wanted to go however light was starting to break so I decided to get down in a gully that is running parallel with the foreshore about 20 yards back and as luck would have it, it had a nice shelf that I could neel down on so just my head was showing above ground level. Once light broke I got my bino,s out to see if I could see anything and just in front of me on the forshore was about 35 canada geese feeding it was low water so I decided to give them a greeting call proceeded by some short clucks, after about 10 minuets they decided to lift but they just flew out of range to my left and then went about 500 yards to the back of me in a circle,
I then started to give the pleading call followed by some more short excited clucks and the came right over my head. I fired two shots, one goose down and I heard the other shot spatter on the other gooses chest but it just flew on to the otherside of the estuary. I then sat back and had a fag and a cup of coffee just enjoying the hunt. Very Happy

Take care and God Bless
Eddie and Amber.

Eddie Kershaw
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum