The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD*

+7
John H
Stevey Welsh
Jim Donofrio
David Steckley
Russell Vrhovac
Davey Welsh
Chris S.
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD* Empty A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD*

Post  Chris S. Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:48 am

My first double out of the new sneakbox I doubled on the GW teal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
First black duck out of the sneakbox. Shot his eye out
A hunt with Kevin Stupp
A pic in the new sneakbox with the new autoloader and a black lotsa black ducks this season
First goose on a hunt with kevin
Another double on a pair of drakes.

For a slow season it was still good had some good hunts. Got to hunt the new sneakbox. Had a lot of first I shot my first woody,goose,blue and green wing teal. Made some new friends and killed some birds. Thats good in my book. Hope everyone else had a great season. The last week is coming up. What the hell am I gonna do for the next 9 months till next season starts?

Last edited by Chris Sharp on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new pics)
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD* Empty Re: A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD*

Post  Davey Welsh Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:24 am

Nice pics Chris! I agree with you though, even though its been a shit season numbers wise, I still love this sport and I made some good memories with friends and family and of course my pup.
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD* Empty Wierd season but yes to having many firsts.

Post  Russell Vrhovac Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Shot my first black duck and first gadwall and spooner in years. Retriever also had some great retrieves which makes even a bad hunt better.
Russell Vrhovac
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD* Empty Re: A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD*

Post  David Steckley Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:03 am

Very Nice Chris Smile

David Steckley
FNG
FNG

Back to top Go down

A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD* Empty nice

Post  Jim Donofrio Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Chris nice . Glad that boat works for you!!!
Jim Donofrio
Jim Donofrio
The Godfather
The Godfather

http://www.JOINRFA.ORG

Back to top Go down

Post  Stevey Welsh Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:48 pm

nice looking boat and pics chris. Wasn't an outstanding season, but i also got to shoot my first gadwall and snow this season. Reguardless of how the season went i enjoy the time i spend out there..

Also on your boat chris what did you use to hold the bungies in place?
Stevey Welsh
Stevey Welsh
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD* Empty Bungee

Post  Chris S. Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Stevey,
You can see in the picture I have 6 brass pad eyes I run the bubgee across from one to the other just in a straight line not like on a kayak how they string it through all of em. I put the pad eyes on with a drop of black 3M 5200 and 1 inch brass screws and used OD green bungee It works well to hold the grass on the bow I layer it so in the end 2 of the bungees are hidden and only the one closest to the bow is fully exposed. You can see in the 2nd picture how its layered and goes up the front of the dodger a bit and you see only the one bungee.

Last edited by Chris Sharp on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I suck ass at spelling)
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:08 pm

You really did a kick ass job on that boat Chris.
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris S. Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:50 pm

Davey Welsh wrote:You really did a kick ass job on that boat Chris.

Thanks davey that sneakbox came a long way from the condition it was in when I got it. For the money I dumped into it I coulda bought 2 of them but its done right and done the way I wanted. I wanna change a few thinge for next season but that's normal to wanna change things to make it even better. It was a fun project and I would do it again in a heart beat. I love the sneakbox and even more with the new 15hp hanging on the back.
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Stevey Welsh Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Thanks for the reply chris, I have pretty much the same setup on the bow of my boat with the bungee works awesome. I was curious what you had used to hold the bungee in place, i had gotten these plastic cable clamps and used brass screws to put them in place.I've had two or three break on me, i couldn't think of anything else to use.. I will have to replace them as they break with them pad eyes. Thanks alot, boat looks great man.
Stevey Welsh
Stevey Welsh
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  John H Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:32 pm

That's a sweet looking duck / goose killin' sneak! You did a great job on it! Congrats! Cool
John H
John H
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Rusty Black Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:47 am

Great pictures and a great job on the sneekbox!
Rusty Black
Rusty Black
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris S. Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:08 pm

Rusty Black wrote:Great pictures and a great job on the sneekbox!

Thanks Rusty here are a few pictures of what the sneakbox looked like when I brought her home and the transformation she went through over the summer. I compleatly redid the boat from the inside out with new everything from floor boards to motor board to new glass with epoxy rather then the polyester that was on it. Made new dodger. Did a lot of work but I love this sneakbox Hope you guys enjoy. In the last pic you can see a big pile of seagul crap on the front deck that landed there right before I snapped the pic.

This picture with the new motor a 15hp 2stroke johnrude. I get 9mph faster then with my old merc 9.8 in the above pic

Last edited by Chris Sharp on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:13 pm

You really did a nice job on that Chris. You should be proud!!
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

Back to top Go down

Post  Rick Godsey Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Chris, you took that lump of coal and turned it into a diamond. You have to love skinny water boats. Some folks here on the Hudson river cant understand why I love my flat bottom mod-V. Then when they see the shallow flats I can get on they understand. Again nice outfit.

Rick
Rick Godsey
Rick Godsey
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete Burns Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Awesome job Chris!
Pete Burns
Pete Burns
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD* Empty Nice work Chris on that Sneak

Post  Russell Vrhovac Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:17 pm

My Ice Breakers under my boat are a little old and not in the best of shape and I have been racking my brain on how to replace them. Your picture just answered my question. Thanks a lot. By the way, what type of wood did you use? Oak, mahogany, teak??? I just rebuilt my sneak last year, I worked on it for 9 months before she saw water. What a great project though. Can't beat those memories.

Chris Sharp wrote:
Rusty Black wrote:Great pictures and a great job on the sneekbox!

Thanks Rusty here are a few pictures of what the sneakbox looked like when I brought her home and the transformation she went through over the summer. I compleatly redid the boat from the inside out with new everything from floor boards to motor board to new glass with epoxy rather then the polyester that was on it. Made new dodger. Did a lot of work but I love this sneakbox Hope you guys enjoy. In the last pic you can see a big pile of seagul crap on the front deck that landed there right before I snapped the pic.

This picture with the new motor a 15hp 2stroke johnrude. I get 9mph faster then with my old merc 9.8 in the above pic

Last edited by Davey Welsh on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed duplicate pictures for bandwidth reasons)
Russell Vrhovac
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris S. Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:47 am

Russell,
I used mahoganey covered with 2 coats of epoxy for my ice runners I glued them on with a mix of epoxy and wood flour then through bolted them to the ribs then I covered the wood with a 1/8 inch thick by 3/4 inch wide aluminium strip for better protection I put the aluminum strip on with 3M 5200 and 3/4 inch stainless screws and they work great. This is the 1st season with them and I checked them the other day and they don't even have scratches. I have a bunch more pictures when your ready to do the job let me know I will email you the pics and help in any way I can.

Last edited by Chris S. on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

A few pics from this season *NEW PICS OF SNEAKBOX REBUILD* Empty Thanks a bunch.

Post  Russell Vrhovac Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am

I will probably be working on that this summer. Thanks for the help. Any excuse to work on a wooden boat is good. I have some more revisions to my boat to do as well.

Chris Sharp wrote:Russell,
I used mahoganey covered with 2 coats of epoxy for my ice runners I glues them on with a mix of epoxy and wood flour then through bolted them to the ribs then I covered the wood with a 1/4 inch thick by 3/4 inch wide aluminium strip for better protection I put the aluminum strip on with 3M 5200 and 3/4 inch stainless screws and they work great. This is the 1st season with them and I checked them the other day and they don't even have scratches. I have a bunch more pictures when your ready to do the job let me know I will email you the pics and help in any way I can.
Russell Vrhovac
Russell Vrhovac
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:41 pm

nice job chris. would u be interested in redoing a 14ft duck boat?
johnb
johnb
Contributor
Contributor

http://www.avianartistry.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris S. Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 am

johnb wrote:nice job chris. would u be interested in redoing a 14ft duck boat?

What do you mean by redoing.
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:22 pm

sanding,repairing(screws holes and and cracks and such),and refiberglassing a 14 ft home made(not by me) tdb style lookin duck boat.it need alot of work.
johnb
johnb
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris S. Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:47 pm

johnb wrote:sanding,repairing(screws holes and and cracks and such),and refiberglassing a 14 ft home made(not by me) tdb style lookin duck boat.it need alot of work.

I will take a look at it for sure and we can figure something out. What is the boat made of? Guessing plywood. Is there old glass that needs to be removed before repairs can be done?
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnb Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:02 pm

im not sure whats under the glass,but yep the glass needs 2 be removed,thanks john, i see ure from sout jersy what parts?
johnb
johnb
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris S. Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:08 pm

johnb wrote:im not sure whats under the glass,but yep the glass needs 2 be removed,thanks john, i see ure from sout jersy what parts?

I sent you a pm
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next