The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the dekes worked today

2 posters

Go down

the dekes worked today Empty the dekes worked today

Post  george w Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:23 pm

With a shift to the nw, Oobie and i split the rig--gaddies and teal to the south of a CCC ditch and blacks, a few mallards and sprig to the north, to create a large "death hole"
The wind must have agitated a few bunches of gaddies, because we were entertained with them coming to the 14 balsas and corks!
BINGO! One black adult male stooled , as did a shoveler---Hey, when we have had the abysmal days with just a few hours of watching the marsh and shorebird pass, anything was wonderful--Bill had a wonderful morning retrieving. Hope tomorrow's cold will bring some newbies onto the digs!
Nice seeing ducks coing with feet down is a welcome change, for sure.

george w
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

http://george@runamuckdecoys.com

Back to top Go down

the dekes worked today Empty Re: the dekes worked today

Post  Luke Berkey Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Sounds like a fun time. I'm going to head out tomorrow morning for the first time in a few weeks. Can't wait to see the sunrise and smell the marsh. Hopefully I'll get a shot as some ducks in the dekes too. Luke
Luke Berkey
Luke Berkey
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  george w Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:10 pm

One of the Blessings of retirement is being able to pick and choose days for gunning---The old dog got into some HEAVY muck today on his last retrieve--Kinda like having the marsh in the house now, even after a good hosing when we got home--Ge smells like old horseshoe crabs and clamshells!! One more day this week, then watch for some decent weather--That always gives me time to get back into the shop.
Good luck on your trip out tomorrow, Luke. Even a bummer is better than staying home, that's for sure!

george w
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

http://george@runamuckdecoys.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down