The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could change one thing -

+12
mike bartosh
Mike B
Capt. Larry M
Capt. John
David "swampy" L
k Pontari
Jim Donofrio
Ray_J
Chris S.
Eddie Kershaw
Craig F
Davey Welsh
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

If you could change one thing - - Page 3 Empty Re: If you could change one thing -

Post  Chris S. Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Steve L wrote:
Jim Donofrio wrote: no out of state commercial operation should have equal access to state public resources

Do you mean like Edwin B. Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge ?

State WMA's ? Us out of staters put more money into the system than NJ residents do with our $135 license and $10 stamp, not to mention all the license sales that that guide services bring in to the state of NJ.

Good thing no NJ residents come to PA to deer hunt on our State Game Lands Shocked

Steve,
"Diver down" do you have that on the side of your boat?
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

If you could change one thing - - Page 3 Empty Re: If you could change one thing -

Post  Steve L Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Yes I do
Steve L
Steve L
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

http://www.diverdownphotography.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris S. Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Steve L wrote:Yes I do

Oh ok I saw you around this season
Chris S.
Chris S.

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve L Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:32 pm

Chris S. wrote:
Steve L wrote:Yes I do

Oh ok I saw you around this season

Yea I get around quite a bit. Say HI next time.

Steve
Steve L
Steve L
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

http://www.diverdownphotography.net

Back to top Go down

Post  John Mulcahy III Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:16 am

I agree on to push the dates back ...
John Mulcahy III
John Mulcahy III
Amatuer Gunner
Amatuer Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post  David "swampy" L Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:16 pm

lot of good "pushing the dates back" would have done this year.....60 degress today....gonna be in the mid 50's rest of the month into feb...the weather is a crap shoot...this time last year we wre under 2 feet of snow and didn't see green grass until the end of march.........

Bottom line is, Yes, their has to be some restructering of the frame work.......But it has to be done with some logic behind it

David "swampy" L

Back to top Go down

If you could change one thing - - Page 3 Empty seasons

Post  Jim Donofrio Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Dave the logic is average weather conditions. Nothing would help us this year some of the big birds havent left the north yet but over the last few years we could have used a few more days at the end of each zone closure. Bottom line is we dont need so many days upfront in October when the weather is usualy warmer and the big migration has not occurred
If we dont discuss the state burecrats will do what they think is best
Jim Donofrio
Jim Donofrio
The Godfather
The Godfather

http://www.JOINRFA.ORG

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:00 pm

David "swampy" L. wrote:lot of good "pushing the dates back" would have done this year.....60 degress today....gonna be in the mid 50's rest of the month into feb...the weather is a crap shoot...this time last year we wre under 2 feet of snow and didn't see green grass until the end of march.........

Bottom line is, Yes, their has to be some restructering of the frame work.......But it has to be done with some logic behind it

I agree with you that we need to use logic for restructuring of the framework and I think we can support our argument by weather pattern trends over the last decade. The current framework was put in place when winters were much colder and thus migrations moved earlier. I don't think this is the case anymore.

Our logic is not about increasing the number of ducks killed, but rather increasing the number of opportunities during the migration. Using a trend pattern over the last 5 years would support good reason for less days early and more days late.

It wouldn't have mattered if we had an extra week or an extra month this season, it would have sucked either way. This winter was exceptionally warm, whereas the last week of the season in 2010 we were breaking ice. But I think the overall trending winter weather is warmer, and most would be in favor of having a later run season. Remember too, that I don't think we should ask for more days or to even change the start dates of the seasons. But rather than have a 2 week opener for the north and south, we should only have 1 week at most. And the coastal should be a 3 day early opener. By adding these additional days to the end, we get a much need extra week in the north and south as well as run till the last Saturday in the Coastal. I think that would be ideal framework for us. If I had another week on the North and South this year...oh boy it would have been great! What a Face
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3