The Duck Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting ready for West Lake Decoy Show

2 posters

Go down

Getting ready for West Lake Decoy Show Empty Getting ready for West Lake Decoy Show

Post  Guest Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:07 am

Here is Morgan sporting a Drake Shoveler and 2 11 1/2 X 11 1/2 X 27" tall Goose bags.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

David [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Getting ready for West Lake Decoy Show Empty Re: Getting ready for West Lake Decoy Show

Post  Eddie Kershaw Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:15 am

D. Clark wrote: Here is Morgan sporting a Drake Shoveler and 2 11 1/2 X 11 1/2 X 27" tall Goose bags.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

David [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dave
Forget the decoy bags, Ill take Moegan. Laughing

Eddie Kershaw
Regular Gunner
Regular Gunner

Back to top Go down

Getting ready for West Lake Decoy Show Empty Re: Getting ready for West Lake Decoy Show

Post  Davey Welsh Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:18 pm

How soft is the canvas on your bags David? I haven't had any durability issues with Avery bags, but the material is very harsh...its like sand paper on my cedar and cork birds. Is Morgan your daughter?
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:56 pm

The bags are real canvas and it is lot softer than cadora plus it is heavier than the material that most other bags are made of. Morgan's a young ladie that came to work for me a year ago that had never sewn before.
She learned how to sew by making decoy bags and now sews better than me. But I am still faster.
David

Back to top Go down

Post  Davey Welsh Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:50 pm

I'm going to get some of your bags for next season then. I want real canvas, not the cordura crap.

Btw Morgan is gorgeous...love her smile. Need any more bag sewers? Smile
Davey Welsh
Davey Welsh
Owner/Founder
Owner/Founder

http://www.davidwelsh.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:23 pm

[quote="Davey Welsh"]I'm going to get some of your bags for next season then. I want real canvas, not the cordura crap.

Btw Morgan is gorgeous...love her smile. Need any more bag sewers? :) [/quote]

I do not need a bag sewer but a person wanting to learn how to make frames, fit boat tops and then install them and take over my shop in 5 years. Morgan and I will do all the set up and sewing in the shop.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
David

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down